We can really use your help in making Hawaii more sustainable! If you have some time to get involved, we welcome you warmly to join us! We are currently looking for people to help with:
* Donations- Tell your friends, do a fundraiser! We can use help with supplies, advertising, and the expenses involved in lobbying. You can write us a check or send it by Paypal.
* Personal stories- how have you used sustainable practices? Have you run into any problems with the laws while doing so? Please write up your story for us. You can leave off your name if you feel more comfortable.
* Demonstration models for alternative housing- Did you build one? We would like to be able to show the lawmakers that alternatives can be safe and healthy.
* Advisory Board Members:
We need technical advisors like architects, legal counsel, licensed contractors and trade professionals like electricians, plumbers, alternative building supplies providers, people living in land based community, owners of organic farms, habitat for humanity employees, low income housing employees, recycling center employees, permaculture design people
* Specifically we would like to have:
A local Building Materials subcommittee to study what’s available
Advisory Building Safety subcommittee, including architects, realtors, contractors, suppliers
Public relations subcommittee
Legal Advisors Subcommittee
* More Board Members for our organization.